Out of Office Setup in Outlook 2010 – 2016
How to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook
Note: This feature is only available with a Microsoft Exchange Mailbox , if that used by your organisation. If your email system is hosted by other providers such as Gmail, out of office messages via Outlook may not be possible.
How to turn on “Automatic Replies (Out of Office)” or the “Out of Office Assistant”
For Microsoft Office Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010
1. Click the File tab, and then click the Info tab in the menu.
2. Click Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
Note If you do not see this option, you are not using an Exchange account. Please go to this section: How to enable Automatic Replies in non-exchange account.
3. In the Automatic Replies dialog box, select the Send Automatic Replies check box.
4. If you want to specify a set time and date range, select the Only send during this time range check box. Then set the Start time, and then set the End time.
5. In the Inside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send within your organization, and in the Outside my organization tab, type the message that you want to send outside your organization.
6. Click OK.
7. If you selected the “Only send during this time range” option in step 4, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 5 is reached.
Otherwise, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) will continue to run until you repeat step 1 and select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.
How to enable Automatic Replies in non-exchange account
The “Automatic Replies (Out of Office)” or “Out of Office Assistant” feature is not available on non-Exchange accounts, such as Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail), POP3, IMAP.
Troubleshooting: I don’t see Automatic Replies
If you don’t see Automatic Replies after selecting File, you’re probably using a Gmail, Yahoo, or other POP or IMAP account that doesn’t support the Outlook Automatic Replies feature. You can setup a rule that will reply to incoming messages, but only if you leave Outlook running.
If you require further help, please contact Dataforce UK Support.